Saturday, September 20, 2008

Something Crafty


I know that I have been focused on and blogging more about gluten free eating, but I am still doing crafty things too! I have been enjoying working with felt. Not the acrylic felt that you can get at craft stores, but the real deal wool felt. I love the feel and texture of the material. A while back when I was working on some earlier projects, my little guy came up and started playing with my scrap felt. At one point he put both his hands on a felt piece. I thought it would look great if I traced out his hands. So I did just that. I decorated his hands with some back stitches and french knots to create a vine and flowers look to it. Then I blanket stitched the hands to another piece of felt. I added a heart above the hand. I am not finished with it yet, but I like how it is turning out so far.
Related Posts with Thumbnails