Sunday, April 27, 2008

Daring Bakers Challenge






I am excited to say that last month I joined the Daring Bakers. Each month they have a baking challenge where everyone on the blogroll gets the same recipe to bake. There are now over 1000 participants. This months challenge was cheesecake pops. This challenge had me doing some new techniques. The cheesecake was baked in a water bath, something I had not done before.









They turned out great, but I think they were on the too big side. The recipe called for 2 ounce balls, which I measured out. I didn't have a scoop big enough, so they kind of turned out lope sided. After I dipped them in the dark chocolate I covered them in sprinkles and toasted coconut. These would be great at a kids party at school. They make a lot. I think I would make them smaller next time. The recipe said it yielded 30 to 40 pops, but I only was able to get 24. Of course, I waited until the last day to make the pops. I had planned on making them last week and taking them to the kids school. I didn't want 30 cheesecake pops hanging around my house. So, my neighbors are getting a treat. Give the recipe a try, its at Deborah's blog Taste and Tell or Elle's blog, Feeding My Enthusiasms . Your family will enjoy.



20 comments:

Marye said...

They really came out nice!
marye
bakingdelights.com

Barbara Bakes said...

Your pops look delicious!

Shelby said...

Your pops look great! Are those Longaberger plates those pops are sitting on? :)

Honey Pickles said...

Yes indeed they are Longaberger plates. My favorite plates for yummy pops. Thanks for the great comments.

Christine said...

Your pops look delicious! Great job on the challenge

Rebecca said...

Your pops look wonderful! Isn't it funny, though: I halved the recipe and came out with 25 pops.

Lunch Buckets said...

I think I ended up with something like 324 pops. Or close to it...

Jerry said...

Great ops!

maybelles mom said...

thanks for visiting. good job to you too.

April said...

Those are some really great looking pops!

Deeba PAB said...

Your pops are perfect & very pretty...lovely. One of the few I've seen which have sprinkles all over from 'top to toe'...great challenge!

Madam Chow said...

Yours turned out great - so nice and round!
Madam Chow
http://mzkitchen.com/

Deborah said...

Your pops look great! Welcome to the Daring Bakers!

Barbara said...

Great job on your first challenge. Welcome to DB!

Unknown said...

They look great, but I agree that 2 oz was a bit big! I made mine a bit smaller, even though technically that is breaking the rules. ;P

Sheltie Girl said...

You did a beautiful job on your pops! Very festive.

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

Texana said...

Your pops look absolutely perfect. Good job!

Gretchen Noelle said...

Looks like you did a fantastic job on these! Welcome to the Daring Bakers!

Sheltie Girl said...

Lovely job on your pops!

Natalie @ Gluten A Go Go

Jacque said...

I like the multicolored sprinkles! I agree, they need to be small.

Related Posts with Thumbnails