Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Delicious Tomatoes







This weekend I was able to do something I don't usually get to do; that is catch a bit of television. I was watching the Food Network and tuned in halfway to the Barefoot Contessa. I do love Ina Garten! She was doing a show on oven roasting and I tuned into seeing her making this delicious salad. It is a Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad. YUM! You roast the tomatoes to intensify the flavor and can even use the puny tomatoes you can find in the grocery stores now. I really like to eat seasonally and have been waiting for tomato season to start, but I had to give this recipe a try. It was fantastic! The flavors were pure summer. The creamy mozzarella as a foil to the sweet roasted tomatoes and the sharpness of the basil. Summer love baby, summer love!
Related Posts with Thumbnails