Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fantabulous!



I made this the other night for appetizers when my father in law came to dinner. It is bacon wrapped dates. In our family, nothing trumps bacon. I had heard through the years about this little delectable, but had not tried it myself. My father in law comes for dinner at least once a week and I always put out appetizers before dinner for him (a tradition my mother in law used to do). I decided to finally try this dish. It was FANTASTIC! Can you tell I liked it. The sweetness of the dates caramelized with the smokiness of the bacon. It was wonderful. I will definitely make this again.

Bacon wrapped dates

Medjool dates (pitted)
bacon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bacon slices into thirds and wrap around date. Place on a foil lined baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes or until the bacon is slightly crispy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails