Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy 2009

Can you believe that 2009 is already here? I am so glad to see 2008 out the door. Even though we have challenges ahead, it always feels refreshing to start a new year again. I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. This weekend is our last holiday hurrah! My dear cousin and her husband are coming for a visit. They are staying the night with us and the boys are jazzed. I know the boys are hoping that Dave brings his remote control fart machine. You got to love boys! For our dessert tonight I made salted caramel cheesecakes from Michael Moorhouse. YUM! On another note, I finally figured out why my Daring Bakers challenge did not turn out. I was using bad Karo syrup. I didn't know that it could go bad. When I was making the caramel sauce for these cheesecakes, it turned out awful. So, I grabbed a new bottle and tried it again. It worked and turned out really nice. If I had used my head a little, I would have figured it out.















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails