Friday, June 20, 2008

Ode to Pioneer Woman



I know this is bad. I really meant to take a picture of our dinner tonight. After I served my family, we sat down to eat and it was so good that I forgot to take the pictures. I remembered as I was wiping my mouth. Here is what you missed, Pioneer Woman's beef brisket, home fries, garden green beans, watermelon and carrots. It was sooooo good! Hubby wants what little leftover there is tomorrow with his eggs (he has to lay claim to the food or the boys will get it). I have never cooked a brisket before but after reading PW's recipe, I thought it looked easy enough for me to try. I also like that I can get more meals off the brisket. With the way the economy and gas is, I need to try to stretch our meals if I can. I bet the brisket would be great in enchiladas, as a hash, with scrambled eggs or as a sandwich. PW even has a recipe for brisket nachos. YUM! If you are wanting a low calorie, low cholesterol or low fat recipe, you might want to keep on looking. Her recipes kinda remind me of Paula Deen, where bacon fat and butter rule!

Just so you know, I am a huge fan of Pioneer Woman. If you don't read her blog here it is. She is hysterical! I came upon her blog about 3 months ago and became hooked. She is one of the few blogs I check daily. She was a city gal who upped and married a country rancher (I guess that's redundant, since a rancher is in the country) and she writes about her experiences living in the middle of nowhere and learning to live the cowboy or rather the cowgirl life. She is homeschooling her four kids and writes about her life, cooking, her homestead and photography. She even has her love story on her website call "Black heels to Tractor Wheels". I stayed up one evening past midnight reading her story. I know, I know, I need to get a life! Anywho, check out her site, you will get a good laugh and I know you will come back again and again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails