Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ah Paris!

I was perusing my favorite blogs last week and came across Orangette's musing on her recent trip to Paris. Ah! Paris. What a beautiful city. I have only been once and I wasn't able to see much of the city. We were on our honeymoon (now I know what your thinking, shameful!) and spent our first seven days in London. On route to Paris I came down with the chickenpox. Yep! On my honeymoon in April in Paris!. My fond memories of Paris are a whirlwind day of seeing the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Le Deux Magots Cafe, Luxembourg gardens and Notre Dame. I wasn't able to go into any of them other than the cafe. I was in such bad shape that I only had the day before we left to try to fit in some of Paris. So there goes my Parisian adventure, even with one day to see the city, I could feel the energy and life that is Paris. I hope to go back some day.

I do love everything French and when I read Orangette's blog about her trip I was thrilled. She talked about her love of food, especially the glorious french macaroon (check out my earlier post as I wax poetic about that wonderful cookie). She has a recipe for French Chocolate Granola. Wow! It's terrific! J has practically eaten all of it. I will definitely add this to my recipes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails