Saturday, July 25, 2009

Farmer's Market Revisited



Here is the promised picture of my favorite stone fruit vendor at the farmer's market. If you are in the Sacramento area on Saturday morning, head over to Country Club Plaza and check out his stand and that of the other farmer's stands as well. Matsumoto Farms has the sweetest peaches, plums and nectarines around. I met my friend Lisa who is a fellow blogger, this morning at the market and we bought some of his delicious fruit. We ended up talking for over an hour after that and caught up on what we both have been doing this summer. Very fun! They have Spring Hill Cheese, local honey, olive oil, musical entertainment and tons of beautiful fresh fruits and vegetables. You really can't go wrong.





I was browsing some blogs last week and came across these little gems from GlutenFree Gobsmacked. These are called nut cookies that ooze goodness and are good for you. I made them last weekend when we entertained our very good friends who happen to be allergic to gluten. This recipe really intrigued me. It has oatmeal, flaxseed meal, agave, almond butter and pecans (the original recipe called for walnuts, but I have an allergy to walnuts). The result was a very satisfying cookie. Even my picky kids really liked these cookies. I can see all the possibilities with this recipe. They would be good with chocolate chips added and some grated orange peel or maybe some dried cranberries and raisins. Yum-O!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails