Thursday, February 19, 2009

Souvlaki


Yum-O! I tried my hand at making souvlaki, which are Greek shish- kabob's. They turned out fantastic! The flavor went through the meat and really was the most flavorful meat I have had in a long time. The only down side was that I overcooked the pork. Usually, I just do that with chicken. I would make this again, and just not cook it as long. It is well worth making again.

Souvlaki

Pork tenderloin, cut up into 1 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine
1 tablespoon dried oregano
juice of one lemon
zest from half of lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of sherry or red wine vinegar
1 garlic cloves, smashed
1 bay leaf

Combine all ingredients into a bowl and cover. Let meat marinate for 3 days in refrigerator. Thread onto skewers and grill or broil until done.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails