Sunday, May 4, 2008

What's For Dinner?



I wanted to try a new pasta for dinner last night, so I turned to last months Cooking Light for inspiration. Their cooking class article was with Lidia Bastianich on making pasta. I was craving a mushroom pasta after that wonderful lunch hubby and I had a Biba's. Lidia's Makaruni Pasta with Morel Mushroom Sauce seemed to fit the bill. It looked like a rustic pasta with wonderful earthy sauce. Well, the pasta was easy to make and it turned out delicious. The morel mushroom sauce was good, but it was on the expensive side to make. It called for dried morel's and truffle oil. I decided to substitue a dried northwest mix of mushrooms that included some morels and trumpet mushrooms. I also found a small bottle of truffle oil that was not too costly. Believe it or not, Whole Foods actually had the truffle oil cheaper than my local grocery store. The sauce was very good and had a nice balance to it. I would make this dish again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails