Friday, May 30, 2008

Yee Howdy!



Look what came in the mail! I am so excited. I finally got around to ordering from MaryJanes Farm. You ask who is MaryJane? Well, she is an organic farmer based in Moscow, Idaho. I have been following her for several years. She has written several books on being a farm girl and she has her own magazine. She runs an organic farming school for wannabe farmers and has a whole line of organic camping food that you can get at REI. You see, I secretly wanted to be a farmer. Yea, I know, I am not the farming type. I can't grow anything, farm animals scare me and I probably couldn't handle the work load, but I like the idea of living off the land and having sustainable crops. I like knowing where my food comes from and what my kids are putting in their mouths. I like MaryJanes ideals! So, I ordered her get acquainted pack and look what I got. It comes with a copy of her magazine, her organic biscuit mix, a packet of her kettle chili and red pesto pasta, a task bar (which is like an energy bar) and chill over powder. The chill over powder is what I really wanted to try, but since I was ordering I might as well try a sampling of her products. The chill over powder is a gelatin type powder made from Kanten which is a sea vegetable. I am very curious how it holds up. She writes prolifically in her book about this gelatin like product. She also has many recipes that quite frankly look good. J loves gelatin and I thought this would be a good for him food. So I will have to let you all know how it turns out this weekend.

1 comment:

Dana McCauley said...

This is brilliant - an organic farming school! Thanks for bringing this place to my attention. I can use all the help I can get!


http://danamccauley.wordpress.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails