Sunday, August 31, 2008

Daring Baker Challenge





This months challenge was a fun one. The hosts for this challenge were Meeta K of What's For Lunch Honey and Tony Tahhan of Olive Juice. The challenge this month was to make chocolate eclairs. The recipe is a Pierre Herme recipe, who is one of the greatest pastry chefs ever! The rules for this challenge were easy. You needed to keep one component chocolate and you needed to make the pate a choux from the recipe given. Everything else was fair game. I pretty much stayed with the recipe. I mean, you can't go wrong with chocolate right? My only real challenge with the recipe was the piping of the pate a choux. I made the eclairs smaller than I wanted to. Overall, it was a fun challenge. Check out Meeta K's blog for the recipe. You won't be disappointed!

8 comments:

Patti said...

Those look AWESOME.

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Wow, that chocolate on chocolate looks amazing. Gorgeous swirls in that pastry cream.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Yours looks so nice and fluffy and filled with yummy goodness. I really wished mine were more asthetically pleasing that way.

Next time☺

Mary Ann said...

Your pastry cream looks so good. I am totally wishing that I would've gone with the chocolate! Beautiful eclairs!

Shelby said...

I'm glad you had fun! The eclairs look delicious!

Susan @ SGCC said...

Your eclairs look lovely! You did a great job with the piping. Well done!

Michelle Dargen said...

Those eclairs look perfect!! I love your fancy filling. I could eat about 5 of those!

Liz said...

I love the piping of the pastry cream! After I finished mine, I was like, d'oh! Should have made that cream look a little prettier. But yours look fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails