Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Portobello Parmesan




I was watching Giada De Laurentiis yesterday and she was doing her show on favorite vegetarian dishes. I didn't really pay too much attention until she did her mushroom parmesan. It sounded and looked really good. I decided to give it a try. I didn't follow her recipe per se, but I did use her idea. I took a large portobello mushroom and sliced it into thick slices. I sprayed a casserole dish with cooking spray and spooned in some bottled pasta sauce. The mushrooms were breaded with egg and bread crumbs and browned them in a pan with a little olive oil and butter. I then layered them on top of the sauce, spooned more sauce over the top and finished with some sharp provolone, mozzarella and parmesan. I baked it in a 400 degree F. oven until tender and browned. It was fantastic! I didn't even miss the meat at all. This is a winner and I will definitely be making this again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails