Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kumihimo

Have you ever heard of it? I had never heard of Kumihimo (pronounced koo- mee-Hee-mo). It is an ancient art of Japanese braiding. Here is how I found out about it. I was browsing Etsy (a very dangerous thing for me) and I came across tastykaeru. I was intriuged with her fiber work and fell in love with her bradied bracelets. Well, of course I had to buy one. I purchased a gingerbread colored bracelet and I am looking forward to receiving it. My curiousity was piqued about this form of braiding and I started to do some research. I found this video on youtube on how to do this braid.


I also found this link from Primative Originals with beginner kits on kumihimo. It looks beautiful and like a lot of fun. I think I will have to try my hand at this.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails