Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Have Survived!





Whew! I can honestly say that three weeks off for spring break is toooo much. Our kids have a modified year round schedule, so we get three weeks off at Christmas and in spring. It's too long! I am exhausted. They go back to school on Monday and boy, I have never been happier for a Monday to come. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys and enjoy having them home with me, but I am soooo tired. The first week off was great because it was Holy week and we had a lot to do. The second week was okay, but they started to get restless and I was running out of ideas to keep them busy. The third week, we decided to take a vacation to San Diego and Legoland. Nine hours in the car with three very active boys. Not a pretty picture. We did have a wonderful time down south. San Diego was beautiful and the weather was great. We occupied ourselves by spending time at the beach and hunting for beach glass and sea shells. Legoland was fun as always and we spent two full days riding rides and having a blast. I even went on the baby roller coaster ( I abhor roller coasters, boy what parents will do for their kids) and screamed my head off. My 11 year old was sitting next to me looking very embarrassed.


On the way home we decided to drive to Merced and stay there the night, and go into Yosemite the next day. The boys and I have never been to Yosemite and Hubbo thought it would be a great chance for all of us to see it. I can honestly say that all the pictures I have seen do not do Yosemite justice. It is truly breathtaking! We had a great day doing mini hikes, I would like to go back and spend more time there. I don't think I would want to camp there, it can get quite crazy in the summer time and the bears are a problem. I am glad we made the stop.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails