Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gluten Free Continued



So the challenge has been the bread issue. My son does not like the gluten free(gf) bread that we have tried so far. I can see that this is going to be a work in progress. Our breakfast's and dinners have been fine gluten free, but my sons take their lunches to school and the sandwiches have been an issue. I think I will try to bake my own bread with some of the recipes I have found online. Dinner tonight was a good gf dinner. We had steak enchiladas and they were really good. This is a fall back recipe for me. I always make it when we have leftover meat. Hubby's birthday was this past week and we had the family over for dinner on Sunday. We grilled flank steak and had enough leftovers to make these enchiladas. These are super easy and gluten free.



This is sort of an un-recipe.



Steak Enchiladas

Leftover steak, chopped
grated cheese
1 can enchilada sauce (my favorite one to use is Hatch brand which is gf)
corn tortillas

In a baking dish, spread about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish. Warm tortillas in a pan or microwave until they are pliable. Dip tortillas in enchilada sauce and fill with meat and cheese. Roll and place seam side down. Pour about 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce over top of the enchiladas and top with cheese. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until heated through and cheese on top has melted. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails