Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sew Delightful!


Our dining room has this tile bench that is known as the "time out bench" in our house. I have wanted for some time to put a cushion on this bench and "warm" up the dining room. Our home is made of adobe brick and can be very cold feeling. Now, I am not a sewer. I am whatever comes before novice. I enlisted the help of my Auntie Kathi, who is the most creative person I know. She sews so beautiful! I was grateful that she came down and spent a few days with us to help me sew the cushions and the pillows.

As I said, I am a newbie when it comes to sewing, but I am eager to learn and my Auntie is a great teacher. She worked on the cushion and I tackled the pillows. I picked out a pretty quilted red and yellow check with a touch of blue for the cushion.




And the rooster fabric for the pillows. I sewed all the piping for the cushions and pillows in a blue that matched the blue in the check pattern. I am happy to say I did all the pillows and I think they came out quite cute. Here is the finished project:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails