Saturday, January 26, 2008

Caution! Slow Knitter




I have been working on this knitting project for quite some time. I checked out this book from the library over the summer called Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick. It has cute patterns and I liked the quick knitting projects. I would consider myself an intermediate knitter, but I am relatively slow. So when I saw this book I thought how great to be able to make a project quickly. The pattern I chose was her Union Square Shawl/Poncho. It uses a simple baby cable ribbing in multiple of 4 stitches, plus 2. Very easy! I found some great yarn that I wanted to use at Jimmy Beans Wool. If you haven't visited her store or been to her website, I encourage you to do so. She used to have a cute shop in Truckee, California that I use to visit quite often, but unfortunately for me she closed it and now has her main shop in Reno, Nevada. I found a wonderful denim color worsted weight yarn from Tahki Yarns. I loved the rustic looks and feel of the yarn. So, I gathered my supplies by August and started knitting away. I had envisioned me wearing this shawl in the crisp fall air with a pair of great jeans and a white top. I made great strides initially, but as life got in the way, I was not able to knit as much. The months started to pass by and Fall came and went and the shawl was only half done. Now we are knee deep into winter and I am about two thirds done. So much for my weekend knitting. I guess I am an impatient knitter. I like to see results. Hopefully, I will have this done for spring.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails