Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

I hope all of you had a safe and Happy New Year! We spent a lovely New Year's day watching the Rose Bowl and celebrating my youngest sons birthday. My guys are all about football. We had good friends over and at half time we went to the park and played football. My little one even caught two passes!

I am looking forward to the fresh start of the new year. I used to find January a let down after all the build up of Christmas. Now I look forward to January's starkness and simplicity. I long to cuddle up with a cup of tea and a good book and listen to the rain, or work on a project. Of course my guys see it different. I need to find creative outlets for them or they will be bouncing off the walls this time of year. My boys love crafting and working on projects and middle son got a wood burning kit for Christmas from my in-laws. Now I just have to make sure I don't have his initials burned into all my wood furniture. We have given strict instructions each time he brings out his kit; no burning into furniture or walls or counter tops!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails