Saturday, November 14, 2009

Soup Update


Okay, okay, I know the picture is not the best, but don't let that deter you from trying this soup. It is very good. I posted the link in my last post. I came across the recipe in the latest Food Network Magazine. You know I love my slow cooker and when I saw this recipe I had to give it a try. The recipe calls for a smoked turkey drumstick. I don't like eating or feeding my family the whole nitrate/nitrite stuff. I was able to find an organic smoked turkey thigh at Whole Foods from Diestel Farms. My only criticism of the soup was the pickling spice I bought. I really wasn't wild about the flavor of the spices. I would absolutely make this again and I would add my own spice mix and omit the pickling spices.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails