Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Wonderful Book

I have been enjoying this book immensely. I love the title, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, in fact that is what caught my eye at first. This book has been on my radar for quite some time, but I just hadn't picked it up yet. I tried to check it out at our library and found that there were 161 holds on the book. Well, I couldn't wait and decided to bit the bullet and purchase the book. It is a wonderful story set at the end of WWII on the island of Guernsey. It is all written in letters to the main character Juliet from the inhabitants of Guernsey. It caught me from the start. I love the very humanistic view they gave to the people who experienced the war. Put it on your summer reading list. You won't be sorry. My next book in my cue is Julie and Julia. I am looking forward to the book and I can't wait to see the movie.



1 comment:

charlo21 said...

I agree! This book is a touching and highly enlightening piece of work. It was fascinating to watch a story unfold through the optics of a letter reader.
I knew very little of Guernsey before reading this book and now want to discover more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails