Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Spring!


First Communion Rosary






Confirmation Rosary



Boys, the days around here lately have just been beautiful. Spring has set in in Northern California. We have had sunshine and 70 degree weather the last few days. I love the change of seasons. What I don't like is the time change. UGH! Losing that hour of sleep is really hard for me. I have been busy making lots of rosaries. I made 36 plastic bead rosaries for our preschool program for our parish school. The kiddies love them and they were fun to make. I also have been working to two special rosaries. I have the honor of being a confirmation sponsor to a very nice young man. His mother and father are dear friends of ours and I was deeply touched that he asked me to be his sponsor. He wanted a blue rosary and his mother wanted it to honor Mary. So I did a sodalite bead rosary with white African opal pater beads. I am really pleased how it turned out. The other rosary is for my baby. My youngest is going through First Communion this year. I can't believe he is old enough to receive First Communion! He also wanted a blue rosary. He even picked out the beads he wanted. They are a beautiful blue Czech cathedral beads with sterling silver pater beads. It is stunning and mostly importantly, he loves it! I have two other rosaries on my worktable and I am just waiting for the centers to come in. One is garnet beads with sterling silver paters and the other is black onyx beads with sterling paters. I love the old look of both of them.
Garnet Rosary with Sterling Paters
Black Onyx rosary with sterling Paters

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails