Sunday, October 4, 2009

Great Finds





The other day I ended up at my favorite antique shop in Carmichael called Magnolia Antiques. I always end up finding something unique that I "need". I was browsing the store and found this beautiful French green ribbon. The green is a soft green. I can't wait to use it in some of the crafts.




I also found this beauty. My cousin was wearing a necklace similar to this at her baby shower. I came across this at the antique store and had to have it. It was a steal for $15. The necklace is made from crystals and glass pearls and is in good shape, but I thought the beads would be lovely in a rosary or turned into another piece of jewelry. I will keep you posted.


I have had a lot of jewelry request lately. My aunt had these lampwork beads that were strung on stretch cord. I do not like stretch cord. I was happy to change these up to flex wire.




These rosaries are donations to some local Catholic schools. I was really pleased how they came out. The top rosary was made with Czech glass cathedral beads in smoke and sterling silver beads. The crucifix is one I purchased some time ago at Magnolia antiques. The second rosary is made with red tiger eye and carved bone beads. The chaplet is made with orange jasper and an antique crucifix that I happened to have.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails