Sunday, August 23, 2009

More play time


Since I have had some of my beads out, I have been busy making new pieces. I mentioned in an earlier post that my dear friend, Jamie had some beautiful lamp work beads that she wanted made into jewelry. Well, she actually had quite a few sets that she wanted turned into bracelets, earrings and necklaces. This teal set was gorgeous. I love the play of browns on the beads. I partnered them with some beautiful faceted smoky quartz I had on hand. To make things interesting, I used a leather cord for the necklace to give it a funky organic feel.


When I was at our local bead shop this past week, they had a table dedicated to new beads. They had these funky Picasso beads that are a beautiful blue when you hold them up to the light. I love the play of color with the browns and purple. I added river rock beads as the Pater Noster beads and it came together nicely. This piece is for my dear friends husband. He had lost his rosary I had made a long time ago. Enjoy Stephen!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails