Monday, June 4, 2012

On the treasure hunt!

The weather here in Northern California has been just lovely as of late.  We have been busy tending to our garden and doing a bit of late spring cleaning.  I finally cleaned up my work area and it has given me a bit of a creative push.  I was able to move my sewing machine out of the closet and have been working on this mixed media piece.  I have been collecting antique and vintage prayer cards for a while now and decided that I would use one in this piece.  I took some old cards and copied them onto printable fabric.  I used some burlap for the background and stitched around it.  The top lace is part of a vintage goodie bag I picked up at my favorite antique store.  I also added a medal to finish it off.  I am pleased how it turned out.






I also found some great antique and vintage jewelry pieces that I have added into my jewelry.  Here is a sample!









Here are few rosaries that I have finished as well for my friend, Judy.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails