Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life

Life is complicated!  I know it's an understatement.  This past week I had a very hard decision to make.  My father fell three times in the past week and ended up going to emergency Friday night.  He did not break anything thankfully but, he has since been hospitalized due to his advanced Parkinson's. Yesterday I signed papers that will move both my parents into assisted living.  It was one of the hardest decisions I've  had to make, but I think it is the only right decision I could have made.  I have written about my mom's battle with cancer, my dad has his own battle with Parkinson's disease.  What a nasty disease.  It essential robs you of everything.  My dad was such a lively soul.  He loved racing motorbikes, woodworking and making incredible stained glass windows.  He also loved fly fishing and tied some of the best flies.  As a young girl all my friends where playing with Barbies and I was learning to tie flies with my dad.  It is a good memory.  He can't fish anymore, or woodwork, or work with stained glass.  His facial expression is usually blank, but on occasion you can make him laugh.  I am mourning the man his used to be and trying to help the man he is today. It is such a tough place to be.  I pray a lot!

3 comments:

Mary said...

And, I will pray for all of you also. Life certainly is not for the faint at heart. Be sure and take care of YOURSELF along the way. You are Special. Hugs

laura said...

sorry to hear about your sad situation. i used to work asst. living and it was hard on the children but then they got to spend more quility time with there parents because the day to day issues were taken care of. I will keep you in my prayers.

Honey Pickles said...

Thank you both for the kind words.

Related Posts with Thumbnails