Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mixed Media




This is what I have been working on lately. I just don't like it. It has been sitting on my craft table for some time and I slowly have been adding to it. I liked the initial piece which was the old dictionary page that I stitched the heart to. I added that piece to some stretched canvas and it seems to have gone downhill from there. I first painted the canvas a bright blue and green and then I stamped all over it. That seem to look okay, but then I added paper that I just didn't like. I painted over that as well to try to cover some of the paper. The stitched heart was cute, but I don't think it fit the piece. The upper left of the canvas, I hand drew a tree and slightly smudged it. The tape on the piece with writing is some neat Washi tape I found. The last thing I did was add the glass tiles. I think I didn't edit well and I think my canvas was too big. I have been finding it hard to get back into my creative rhythm. Time will heal.


On another note, I found a great new stamp shop in Roseville. It's called The Stamp Art Shoppe and it has the neatest art supplies. She has the Tim Holtz line and all the Ranger products. I spent a lot of time looking around. Tim Holtz is going to be there teaching classes next weekend. How fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails